8.18.2017

Eggless (and vegan) Banana Bread

Have you ever had one of those days when NOTHING goes your way? Yep, that was today... WORST DAY EVER (but I say that on every bad day 😛)

Starting off, I lost my most favorite cap ever...literally the best hat I have ever owned!


Then, it turned out I forgot my bus money so I had to *beg* the driver to let me on for free (he did, btw)


I lost my $10 bill and then, when I got home, it turned out I had run out of all-purpose flour... why do I even have a baking blog if all-purpose isn't always in my house??


Anyways, I decided to bake this delicious banana bread because I really needed it. Think of it as a "pick-me-up". 







Banana Bread
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf

Ingredients:

2 bananas (mashed)
3/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup any flavorless oil (I used olive oil)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
5 chopped walnuts (optional)

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350℉
2. Mash the bananas (you can use a fork or blender)
3. Add the sugar, vanilla and oil
4. In a medium bowl, stir so the sugar dissolves and the oil is thoroughly mixed with the banana purée
5. Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt (you can add it directly to the purée, or sieve them separately and then add to the wet ingredients)
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
7. Add the walnuts and fold again (you can also use raisins or chocolate chips, anything you'd like)
8. Pour the batter into a lined loaf pan (7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches)
9. Gently shake the pan or tap it on a counter 
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean

Notes:
  • If you don't want to use oil, you can also substitute it with butter
  • If you want a larger loaf, feel free to double the recipe
  • Depending on your oven, the loaf might take more or less time than mentioned above
  • Don't know how to fold ingredients? Click here!
Recommended for this recipe:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...