7.30.2017

Chocolate Chip Scones

I've always loved the British accent. Not that I don't love my own American/Canadian one but, you know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

When I was younger, I would hold contests with my cousins to see who could talk in a British accent for the longest time. For some reason, when I had to say a really long sentence, I would resort to my normal accent. The young me found it too difficult to speak "fancy" for that long. 

I think my fascination with the accent comes from watching countless Hollywood movies with English actors. The princesses and fairies tended to have a British accent, making them appear royal and regal and I guess that stuck with me. Probably one of the reasons that I associate British English with sophisticated and classy. 

So naturally, I jumped at the chance to bake scones! Scones are seen as a very British treat, mainly because they originated in the UK. Today, I'm going to share with you my favourite chocolate chip scone recipe. I've already made this a couple times but every time I bake it, it seems to taste a little better. Practice makes perfect! 





Chocolate Chip Scones
Cook time: 10-15 minutes

Ingredients:
250mL all-purpose flour
30mL sugar
3mL baking powder
1/2 mL baking soda
pinch of salt
40mL cold margarine
40 mL chocolate chips
30mL sour cream
30mL milk
1/2 egg

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 425℉
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cut in margarine (using a pastry blender or two forks) into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and egg.
5. Gradually add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, tossing with a fork (mixture should come away from the side of the bowl and stick to the fork in a large ball)
6. Lightly flour the counter top and knead the dough (approx. 6-8 times). Roll the dough into a circle 2 cm thick. Cut into triangles.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Scones should be light brown in colour. 

Recommended for this recipe:


What's your favorite accent? Let me know in the comments below :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...